I love margaritas, preferably hard chilled, or if must be on the rocks. I like them not too sweet. I like adding muddled jalapeños to it.
Tequila, tartness, sweetness, cold and refreshing.
- Cocktail Shaker and Sieve
- 2 fl. oz. tequila
- 1 fl. oz. orange liquor Cointreau, Harlequin (my preferred one)
- 1 fl. oz. lime juice fresh-pressed is nice, bottled works fine
- 1 whole jalapeño pepper and some slices for decoration
- Pour liquids in a cocktail shaker.Top off with ice cubs.Shake well to mix and chill.
- If used, muddle a jalapeño pepper in a glass, add a few slices. If you don't like it too hot, seed the jalapeño pepper.
- Pour the margarita in the glass.If you want to keep it chilled for a while, add ice cubes (handy tip: you can keep the liquor in the freezer and the lime juice in the fridge).