I started with a recipe from Traeger Kitchen, and decided to put bacon and smoke every dish in a meal I made.
Smoked Bacon-wrapped Asparagus
Asparagus, spiced, wrapped in bacon, and smoked
- 1 bunch asparagus washed, broken off the woody part
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp koshering salt
- ½ tsp black pepper fresh ground
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 lb bacon raw or hot smoked, sliced
- Preheat the smoker to 225F if using hot smoked bacon, 450F if using raw bacon.
- Wash the asparagus and break the stems off at the natural breaking point to remove the woody end.Coat the asparagus evenly with olive oil.Sprinkle the asparagus with the salt and spices.Wrap each asparagus individually with 1 piece of thin cut bacon. If the asparagus are thin, use 2 or 3. If the bacon is thicker cut, use more asparagus.Put on a Bradley rack on a cookie sheet.
- Put the sheet in the smoker and smoke (15-20 minutes if on high, 45 minutes to 2 hours if on low)
Based on a recipe from Trager Kitchen (“Bacon Wrapped Asparagus”).